Wednesday, April 10, 2002

---------------------------------------
Day: 115
Status: Got a part time job!!!
---------------------------------------

How things have changed in just a day. Was outside for a few hours entertaining Sam, chatting about stuff and went for a shower after that. Got back into the room and came online and saw PF online. Checked my mobile phone because I thought PF would've sent me an SMS in reply to the ones I sent her earlier. What did I find ? 5 missed calls. First thing that came into my mind was that G called - which wasn't normal because she normally doesn't call this early. Upon checking the "Call Register" function of my phone, I realised that it was Uncle Khaw who called me. I promptly called him back and he told me he wants me to start work tomorrow at 10 am.

* I am so totally unprepared for this *

I agreed to everything, said I'd see him tomorrow at 10 am then continued chatting with PF online. Then PF asked me a couple of questions that made me realise I should have asked them earlier. I called Uncle Khaw again and asked how much would the wages be and I got reprimanded for my efforts! : (

* Now I'm a little sad but I'll live *

He said something about giving the job a try and then discussing the wages later. I gave the excuse that I'd have to inform my parents about it. He then carried on saying something about "being young, the most important thing is to impress the employers etc and wages should be the last thing on your mind."

* I wonder if I just gave him a bad impression of myself. After all, I've never met him but only spoke to his wife and his brother-in-law *

I'll go tomorrow and see how things go.

Did some of the things that I said I was going to do today. Managed to write the letter to Dr. Radford but I haven't sent it out yet. Was supposed to go to the post office this afternoon but felt lazy. Thought I'd do it tomorrow but the call was unexpected. Should be able to do it after "work". That's if I don't put it off again.

Looks like a late night is a no-no for me tonight. Have to go to bed early and be up around 8 am if I want to get to "work" on time.

No comments: