Saturday, April 27, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 132 (Saturday, 27th April 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 20 days (I'm just giving an estimate here)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 2.15 am. I couldn't sleep. Don't know why. All I can think about is the damned GameCube. I want it so badly, so much that I can't even get some sleep! I think I'll go check out the package deals at Toys R Us one of these days. Some pretty good bargains if you ask me. What's more, I think I can pay it off in installments! Great! Will have to check it out and see. Maybe tomorrow. Toys R Us, here I come and I swear if you let me pick another game instead of bloody WaveRace, you'll get my $ 50 deposit ( I think ). Tempt me further with your Play-by (installment) methods, you'll have yourself a new customer.

BY called today around 10.30 pm. Well, yesterday. Going to meet him in the city later at around noon, outside Nike. He said that's the only place he knows. Alright. Got to pass him the Graduation photos, the Metal Gear Solid 2 t-shirt and the Final Fantasy VI game. Hope I won't forget. He's leaving on Sunday.

Nothing really happened today. Well, I guess I shouldn't say that. No calls from Lim which meant I had the day off. No work = no money and no money = no honey. What the hell am I going on about?! And the last time I checked, AL hasn't called either. Great, just great.

Went to McD's to look for Ben and to get dinner as well. Thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone. He wasn't in but hey, at least I got my dinner. Large Quarter Pounder Meal with a chocolate SUPER sundae. Did I mentioned I tried the Tandoori Chicken Burger the other day? Wasn't too bad. Quite tasty. Wanted to get the vegetarian curry puffs but they sounded really tiny. "Bite-sized puffs filled with curriedi vegetables" or something like that on the poster. $ 1.25 for 4 pieces and an extra $ 0.30 for mint yoghurt sauce! It's daylight robbery! I bet I can pop all 4 in my mouth and have space for a bite of a burger! Damn, I'm feeling abit hungry now.

I watched "The Story of Us" for a second time a couple of days ago. The movie starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Bruce Willis. Michelle looks good :)
In the movie, Bruce Willis' character comes up with a game called "High-Low". Basically, he asks his wife (Michelle) and his kids the highs and lows of each day. I think I might incorporate that to my journal updates.

**********************************************************************
Today's High:

I got a couple of photos from some net friends today. Its interesting to be able to see how they look like.

First off, I'd like to say hi to my new friend, J from Texas, USA. She's requested that her name isn't to be mentioned in my journals and I've promised her that. She says she's an extremely private person and guards her privacy. Not a problem, J. *winks*

Next, we also have J (another one?!) from Singapore. Daph spoke to her once on IRC, she might remember. She was studying in New York and she's back in Singapore now.

Edit: I've decided to call them by initials, so J from USA will be now known as JS and the other one will be known as JL.

**********************************************************************

Come to think of it, I think I seriously have some problem with my head and this GameCube obsession. Had a conversation with a friend, AW, online and it went something like this. AW is someone who's in San Francisco, USA now...working as a web designer, from Sarawak. She's really smart and really cute as well. Too bad guys, she's not available. She's one of the people who treats me like a little brother.

Me: A, I think I wanna get a GameCube...
AW: Why GC? Not X-box or PS2?
Me: I already have a PS2. I thought you knew....?
AW: I don't stay with you, how I know?
Me: Oh, now you know lor. I want it for Resident Evil.
AW: PS2 don't have meh?
Me: Got but Nintendo has the rights for the future RE games.
AW: You siao ah you? Save money better...don't simply spend. Next time sure come out for PS2.

Perhaps she's right....but hell, when I want something, I usually get it. Never had I lost sleep over a bloody console before, not even with my PS2.

Countdown (according to Nintendo.com.au) - 19 days 19 hours 48 mins 40 secs to GameCube's Australian Launch.

Some of you might remember reading, about the password that I've had with S (who will now be known as ST). JS mentioned it and said it was "intriguing". So did another friend who read the journal last night, S (another one! I think I need to start coming up with initials before I get myself confused!). In fact, S mentioned she was hooked to my journal. She ended up ignoring me to read my journal! What the... ?! Well, that's a little exaggerating, she did apologise and said she was hooked to it and I said it was a compliment and I was fine with it.

I tried calling SW tonight, after telling her that I called ST (everyone wants a piece of me now! hahaha) but I just found out that Telstra Mobile isn't able to connect to Digi (016) back in M'sia! I tried calling P and AL (another one) who were using Maxis (012) and it worked just fine! Well - now we know. No Telstra to Digi calls.

Just to update all of you, SW is my "kakak" (big sister) who's in Sabah. She does web pages professionally. Anyway, if you need webpages done for anyreason, send me an email and I can help hook-up.

She helped me re-do my resume and I mean completely reformatted my resume. So nice of her. Thanks akak! * huggy huggy* .
Also, akak, if you're reading this, I think you'd have gotten my e-mails already. Sorry I couldn't call you on Friday night ( 26th April 2002 ) at 9pm M'sia time as promised. Refer to above paragraph for reason.

OK - I think that's enough for the night. I hope I haven't forgotten to mention anyone. Besides, there'll be other updates. No worries. This is it. Good night, world....

No comments: