Saturday, April 20, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 125 (Saturday, 20th April 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 13 days (I'm just giving an estimate here)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

" When I come, I come like the thunder " - Quote by Martin Lawrence's character from the movie "Bad Boys"

It's been about 3 days since my last update. The quote above would really be applicable in this case. Observant readers will realise how I was saying the past week was boring etc. Everything took a change in direction on Thursday night. Let's recap shall we? Grab yourself some snacks and a drink or two - this could be long *winks*.

Ready? Here we go .....

**********************************************************************

Thursday, 18th April 2002 -

Lily called me and told me that she received news that I've just gotten a Class A Graduate Visa. Whatever the hell that means. All I know is that I'll be able to work now and remain for a further 6 months in Australia. She told me to see her on Monday so that she can send my passport off to Adelaide to get it stamped. OK. She also mentioned she got Dr.Radford's report which is a good report so good news as well. Sent off a message to my sisters to inform them about the "good news".

I was doing nothing, in front of the computer, reading forum posts when I received a call from a number with no ID. Answering the phone, I was greeted by Lim, who asked me if I could go to work. Sure, I had nothing to do, no one turns down money now do they? I said I can make so he told me to go to work but not at Shakahari but Madam Fang's in the city in a small lane along Bourke Street. After some directions, I proceeded to get ready to go to work.

It was hard work for AUS $ 55. Being a dishwasher is not easy. Had to stand up the entire time, rinsing the dishes etc and popping them into a dishwasher (steam) after that to sterilise them. Mr. Ma was there with 2 Thai cooks in the kitchen with me. There were 2 Malaysian waitresses and a Thai waiter (who was also feminine-like. Why is it I've met 3 waiters in 2 places that I've worked in are like this?). Work was alright, I did what I had to do, learning along the way. No one bullied me and they taught me the right way of doing things when I did something wrong. I finished up around 11.30 pm. Just in time to rush to the tram stop to catch the last few trams for the night.

Along Swanston Street, a man approached me for some a few dollars. I apologised to him and said I didn't have any. Further up the street, another younger man approached me. I thought he was in a drunken state cause he headed straight for me. I continued walking then he pressed himself against the left side of me asking me to spare him $ 0.80.

Man: Can you spare me 80 cents?
Me: I'm sorry I don't have any change
Man: Can you spare me 80 cents? Just 80 cents?
Me: *You fucktard, I hate people in my face!* Sorry, I don't have $ 0.80 *continues walking - almost at Flinders St!*

Now you must know that I was walking the entire time this little conversation took place. I noticed he had a group of friends sitting on the tables outside KFC/McD's at the time. Thoughts raced through my mind. " What if the whole group of them starts following me and it turns into a fight? ".

Suddenly I feel my leg ramming into the guy's leg as he suddenly spins 180 degrees to walk away from me. I can swear that the fucktard attempted to trip me to the ground. Being the big, macho guy I am *ahem*, my strides probably just rammed his leg aside and I continued off. I waited for the tram and I was home about 25 minutes later. Went online awhile and couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

Observation of the day:
I saw a guy on the tram who looks abit like Bruce Lee. Hrrrmmmm....

**********************************************************************

Friday, 19th April 2002 -

Observation of the day:
I pulled out no less than 10 white hairs in the shower today.

Realised that I might be having a cold. Same routine as how it has been the last few months, wake up, turn on the pc, go to the toilet, come back and plop myself in front of the pc, pop in a couple of pills, continue typing away at keyboard. Since I wake up around 11.30 am or later these days. I didn't have much time and it was soon it was time to get ready to go to work.

Received an SMS from PF. She was out shopping again! The thing that kinda got my attention was that she dreamt the night before and my name was mentioned. Now this I gotta hear! I gave her a call and had a short chat with her. She told me about the dream and said that I called her ( in the dream ) and I told her " I was downstairs now ". I assume it was at her home or something but when she got downstairs, she saw her coursemate. Bummer.... still, we both agreed it was a weird dream. She had to finish her lunch and I had to get ready for work.

I made up my mind to stop by at McDonald's to see Ben, the manager who interviewed me to see if I can work out something. Ordered a lunch, LARGE Quarter Pounder meal with a chocolate SUPER sundae. Tough luck, Ben wasn't around so I had to leave him a note to call me.

Caught a tram to work after lunch. Was greeted by the manager ( whose name I cannot remember to this date ) and met Madam Ma in the kitchen. Lim was already there.Changed into my apron and got ready for the tasks to be done that night. She told me to prepare 15 servings of Satay which is equivalent to about 60 sticks. Not long after that, Brian and Ken arrived. It was off to work then.
I noticed Brian works fast and he helped me with some of the satay. I have now learnt the art to making satay faster. The trick is to grab a few of the same ingredients each time. I used to do it one by one. No wonder Brian seemed agitated I was working slow! hahaha

Ken cooked us some spicy laksa thinggie for dinner. Told us it would be busy and we should eat when we had the chance. It was a busy night, there were times when orders came in and we had to wait for Carl to finish washing them. Certainly can't compare it to the other days but it was certainly more busy than the first Friday night I was there.

Might not have to go to work next week. Talked to Lim and said there might be a new guy working. He probably needs training too, assuming he's new like me. He said he will give me a call early next week to confirm.

Somehow I prefer working at Shakahari, its more interesting. Seems to be easier work too. We finished off about 10 pm. Took some time to get the kitchen cleaned up. Had to help with some dishwashing and then stacking them back where they should be. Was paid $ 78 for the nights work. Nothing happened on the way to the tram stop, thank god. Was standing on the tram for some time but my feet were tired so I just sat on the steps.

Got home and noticed no dogs barking. D,M and the dogs haven't been home since last night. I wonder where they are.

Got mail from back home. Bad news. Sorry readers, some things I'll keep to myself until I feel the time is right to let it out. Came online, chatted awhile on IRC to M and S. Also talked to PF awhile, all of them told me not to think so much. Told me to get some rest. Thanks for the support guys : )

I sense cloudy days ahead. I can't be sure but it doesn't seem good at this initial stage.

**********************************************************************

Saturday, 20th April 2002 -

Discovered an ulcer. Must've been the hot fries I had in McDonald's yesterday. Got up a few times earlier in the morning but just went back to sleep. Didn't get a good night's sleep again.

Ben, McDonald's manager called me at 1.17 pm. Just checked my call registers on my mobile. Great, I'll be seeing him at 5.30 pm this evening. Maybe we can work something out.

Tonight is WWF Smackdown night. I wonder if the Rock will be back on.

To end this post, I'd like to share something with all of you readers. There's this site that I visit once in a while to read his updates. Most of the articles are done by the owner ( I think ) called Matt. Some of his articles are really funny shit. I like his frank opinions and the use of the word "fuck" and other words in his articles. From what I know, he's a toy collector, he has some interests like I do - he likes 80s cartoons like He-Man etc.

Reading his articles make me reminisce about when I was a kid. Those were the days......I'd like to share the site with all of you readers out there - check out the archives for hidden goodies in the form of articles. Go check them out ... maybe you'll make the articles daily reading material, as long as he keeps updating his articles.

www.x-entertainment.com

I've specially picked out 2 specific articles which I found amusing.

New Kids on the Block - I remember I used to love this group as a kid! I knew the lyrics to the songs. OK - I admit, I like boybands. It doesn't make me a lamer OK?!?!
Anyway, I've read this article a couple of times and can't help but chuckle or smile. It's that good!

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/530.html

Yan Yan junk food - Malaysians will recognise this food on shelves. Somehow I don't think its as bad as Matt thinks it is ?!

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/432.html

OK, this is it for today....Definitely more updates to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: