Monday, April 08, 2002

First things first....

Pui Fuen, if you're reading this, I hope you accept my apologies. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I keep getting on your nerves/pissing you off. I guess you're stressed about your studies and my timing just sucks. Hope you'll feel better after a night's rest. Good luck with your test tomorrow - hope it goes well.

OK, I've managed to figure out to get rid of the damned code out of the main web-page heading. Time to start writing away.
The problem I have is not being able to keep this up regularly. I've already tried a couple of times but I just give up half-way. Some mild case of ADD ( Attention Deficiency Disorder ) at work here? Maybe I need to set a daily timer for this.

To all of you checking this out for the first time, "WELCOME". I promise to give you a glimpse of what's going through my mind, at least that's what I'll try. This is the first time I've done something like this - useful criticisms are most welcome. I've yet to find out the rest of the stuff that I can do with this site at the moment. Hopefully, I'll make it as interesting as possible. Since I've got some spare time at the moment, would probably like to try something different for once.

Back to the blogs....

Went for a blood test this afternoon. The nurse (with an accent) confirmed the payment methods before attemtping to begin with the test.

Nurse: You can pay by cheque or credit card

Me: What? But I came here many times before! I've always paid cash...

Nurse: Money was stolen so we don't accept cash anymore. Are you ok with that?

Me: Urm, yeah sure - that'll be fine.

Nurse: So - have you done blood tests before?

Me: Yeah sure. Many times before.

Nurse: That's good * proceeds to poke me with the needle*. Hrm - are you nervous?

Me: Errr, maybe a little....

Nurse: You're not bleeding * some blood fills up the tube *

Me: * shit * Is that enough blood there?

Nurse: Yeah,it should be enough.

I thought I had everything under control. After that...

Nurse: * puts on cotton ball * Now you start to bleed. * applies pressure on the puncture wound * OK, all done now. Don't put
pressure on that arm for about one hour. No pushing no pulling,do you understand me? Try to keep the arm upright if possible.

Me: Yup, alright ( how am I supposed to keep my arm upright? ) * proceeds to grab jacket, ready to leave *

Nurse: I thought I just told you not to use that arm?!?!?

Sheesh....

The rest of the day has been unproductive. Arm feels a little numb at the elbow joint. Ouch.

Have to go out tomorrow to see Dr. Radford for the regular check-up. Most probably heading down to the city after that to check out some software for Deidere. She asked me to check the price of Archicad 7.0. Might head down to Minotaur to get that latest issue of Battle Chasers #9. It's been so long since I read it, I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Still waiting for news about my Temporary Graduate Visa. Refuse to call the lawyer,Lily, because all she wants is money! Damnit!!
Well, might wait until after this week and give her a call. She might have something for me already.

As far as job applications go, Aunty Khaw said she'll call me when she needs an extra pair of hands. Going to have to start off as dishwasher and work my way up to kitchen hand! On the other hand, Ben ( Manager at McD's Kew ) recognises me now. I've been in there 2 times in the past 2 weeks and both times, he asked me if I have news of my visa. He said that he's got someone leaving so there's an opening. I said I'd get back to him as soon as I have news.

113 days since Graduation and I'm still unemployed. Wonder how are the rest of the guys doing back home. Hey, a personal countdown. SWEET! I hope I got the number of days correct though. Might need to re-calculate if something goes wrong.

I think its about time I call it a night. More tomorrow night I suppose - after WWF RAW.

No comments: