Tuesday, April 23, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 128 (Tuesday, 23rd April 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 16 days (I'm just giving an estimate here)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another 3 days has gone bye. Dei asked me if I've updated my journal last night. Here's the update now. To all of you readers who've been eagerly anticipating my next entry, well - let's just say I'm doing it on a regular basis. Doesn't mean it will be a daily basis though.

**********************************************************************
Sunday, 21st April 2002 -

As far as I remember, nothing much of interest happened that I can recall. Was supposed to meet BY who's here in Melbourne for holidays but he went off to Sydney at the last minute. Most probably meeting him tomorrow ( 24th April 2002 ). Need to pass him some things to bring home to mum and dad.

Like I said, nothing much to mention. I probably spent most of my time either in front of pc chatting and/or in front of the tv.

**********************************************************************

Monday, 24th April 2002

I must admit I'm really bad with numbers and dates. I just checked the calender to see what date today was to fill in for the journal entry above, and here I had to check it again for a 2nd time because I needed to fill the date in for this one. Damn.

Monday ... had lots to do on Monday. Left the house about 11 am. First stop was supposed to be Spillers Pharmacy just along Cotham Road. Had to get my montly medication because it had run out. Spent AUS $ 72.90 for 2 different pills. Thank god for Medibank. Stopped by at the newsagent before that to check out the latest magazines. Can't afford them now I suppose. Video game mags cost between AUS $ 10 - $ 15 each. Saw the latest Ralph and FHM magazines. One of the actresses from Crash Palace was on FHM's cover "Tori Mussett" * don't know how her name is spelt *. And Ralph came with a little booklet which has the " World's Sexiest Women ". Glancing at the list, I saw a few familiar names like Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Britney Spears ( I think ). Went across the road to go into the pharmacy but stopped by the corner restaurant. Marg told me they were looking for kitchen help. Don't see a notice, guess they hired someone else.

Waited for the tram 109 to stop by Melbourne Pathology next. Even though the new 109s look flashy, modern and comfy, the air-con is pathetic! I'd rather take one of the older trams and have the cool air blowing in my face. I got off the stop just outside MP. How nice, located just beside the Porsche showroom. I walked over to the fence to ogle at the beautiful cars. Some dude was spraying the cars with water, I'm assuming he has the tasks of keeping the cars bright and shiny. He greeted me and I did the same. Saw the latest model 911 Turbos. The black one looks good as all things black should look. Couldn't see the price tag for that one. The red one had a price tag that screamed "CHEAP"!!!! ONLY AUS $ 299,999. So much cheaper than back home in Malaysia. I think you'd get one of these for around RM 1 million back home. Enough of ogling, it hurts when you can't have something that you want. Life doesn't work that way, life isn't fair. Maybe one day in future, I'll own one of these black beauties. Porsche 911 Turbo. *sighs*

Popped into MP and there was someone else in line. Waited for my turn and asked the old lady/receptionist if I could make cash payments. No problems. Paid AUS $ 58.50, got my change and I was off. Next stop, city.

Tram 109 stops at the corner of Collins and Swanston Sts. Got off and made a quick call to Lily's office. The receptionist said she wasn't in and told me to call her mobile which I did. Lily asked what time I could see her, I said anytime since I was already in the city. She told me to be at her office at 12 pm, which gave me half an hour. I started walking up along Swanston St. towards Lonsdale St. I stopped by at Foot Locker. Damn, they have the grey and flouroscent green Air Max 95s back on sale! AUS $ 229.95. I was looking for a pair of these when I got here but they didn't sell them then. The salesperson ( young kid ) noticed me looking at them and asked me if I liked them. Told him the story about how I was looking for a pair when I first got to Melbourne. He said they are selling like hot-cakes. I believe him, they look good. Damn, I want a pair too. I thanked him and was off again.

It was going to be a long walk to Lily's office and there are no trams along Lonsdale St. I took a tram from a stop on Swanston and then got off at the corner of Swanston and Lonsdale Sts. Had to start walking now. Along the way, I stopped at a bike shop and looked at the bicycles on display. They are selling Kona Mountain bikes. I think the cheapest was about AUS $ 1300. Some were about AUS $ 2300. I think most of them come with front suspensions now.

Arrived at Lily's office about 5 mins after 12 pm and the receptionist said she won't be long. I waited about 5 - 10 mins and then went to the toilet for awhile. When I came out, Lily was at the front desk. Went in talked to her abit. To shut her up about asking for money, I told her a little about the situation back home. Who knows, with the act I pulled off ( sad voice ), I think I can be a contender for the Best Actor Oscar! She finally said, it's ok but she doesn't want to waste time, I can pay her about AUS $ 2500 at first so she can launch the PR application. I told her I'll get back to her the latest by the end of next week. Passed her my passport and she said she'll send it off to Adelaide. She reconfirmed that Dr. Radford wrote me a good report which is a good thing for me and my application.

After that, I stopped at JB Hi-Fi and had a look at some CDs. Their sales seem to be never-ending. Jamiroquai's " A Funk Odyssey " was selling for AUS $ 21.47 or thereabouts. I saw the latest All Saints album for only AUS $ 9.99!!!! It's a bargain and I was so tempted! Why $ 9.99 ?!?! The first album is still selling for $ 25.99 !!! How long will the offer last? I guess I only like Pure Shores and Black Coffee from their 2nd album. There are a few remixes in there. Would $ 9.99 be worth it? It's damn cheap for a full album. Damn, so many things I want.

Went in to Medibank to claim some of my money I spent on the medication that morning as well as the fees to Melbourne Pathology. Yay! I have money in my wallet again! More than $ 100 in claims. I left the house with only $ 25 in my wallet!

Next stop was Pulsar Computers. Had a few goes on the demo Xbox and Gamecube. Some PS2 games are going quite cheap. Damn again! They seem to be renting out games as well as DVDs now. The black Cube looks really,really good. And it was just the damn box I was looking at! Must've been there for about an hour. Stopped by Melbourne Central foodcourt for lunch. Went to Trios to get a Gourmet Sausage meal combo. Had the spicy lamb sausage but nothing special about it. The fries were plain as well. I think KFC's got the best fries. Should've gone with my first choice which was the lamb kebab from the other store.

Remembered Ryan's request to check out that Lego Bionicles in a box. Couldn't find the one that he wanted. Looked at some Spiderman toys as well as other action figures as well. There doesn't seem to be much choice in this one. Went to look at the Video games next. The place was quiet, no many people around. Must've all been at work/classes. Tested out the Cube and Xbox ( AGAIN! ). They have packaged deals for the Cube! $ 499 for a Cube with a memory card, Luigi's Mansion, a strategy guide and $ 50 worth of vouchers. The other one is $ 599 for a Cube, a 2nd controller, a memory card, Luigi's Mansion AND Wave Race, a strategy guide and $ 50 worth of vouchers. Only $ 100 extra for a game and a 2nd controller! How cool is that?!?!? DAMN I want a Cube. But I don't really seem to have interest in Luigi's Mansion nor Wave Race. I wonder if we can switch the games? And then what did I notice? They have their version of lay-by which they call "Play-by" *smart *.
Pay $ 50, collect the stuff at launch, pay the rest in 3 equal monthly installments * I think *. I didn't ask them about it. Was already so tempted just by looking at the price, if I heard how good the deal was personally, I might have put down my $ 50 deposit there and then! DAMN I WANT A GAMECUBE BADLY!!!!!

After that, I crossed Lonsdale St and went into Myer. Damn, they are still having the CD sale. $ 20 for the latest release CDs. Made me think about the Jamiroquai CD again * here we go again readers! *. Stopped looking and went upstairs to the video games section ( as usual ). Took a list of the launch games coming out for the Cube. Nothing particularly interesting at the moment, Super Smash Brothers Melee is coming out end of May. That's what I want at the moment if I was to get a Cube. DAMN, I want a Cube so badly. The MAIN REASON being Resident Evil ! Checked out the Xbox as well. Then headed off to the PS2 section. New games on demo. Saw that the big screen had NBA Street on. Looked at the guy. Hey! It's not the guy who hogged ICO the past 2 times I was there!!!!Tried out WRC ( World Rally Championship ). Then got a chance to try NBA Street as well. I got to use Michael Jordan, Shaquille O' Neal and Kobe Bryant! I kicked the computer's ass in that game! Yeah! Maximo was playing the in unit beside me. I also noticed four idiots playing Fusion Frenzy on the big screen of the Xbox demo. Damn idiots were making a damn lot of noise shouting and screaming. " What? Trying to act cool ah? Damn fools....Wanna shout and scream, go do it at home", I was thinking to myself. Thank god they left after sometime. I only realised when it was all quiet. Checked out the PS2 games rack. What have we here? Tekken Tag Tournament is now on sale at the Platinum Price of $ 49.99!!!! Damn. So tempted - cheap price without the ugly silver casing. Dunno if I should save the money instead of getting a cheap old game, for something else....like a Nintendo Gamecube!!!!

After a few games on NBA Street. I decided to leave before rush hour when people get off from work. It was past 4 pm. It was a long and tiring day. Been out for about 5 - 6 hours. I can't remember but I think I walked all the way to Bourke St. Then hopped on a tram to Flinders St.

When I got home, I logged on the pc went online into the Sony forums and what did I see? A topic that screams "Nintendo Gamecube Pricedrop". Rumour was flying around the net that Nintendo is reducing the launch price of the Cube from $ 399 to $ 329. DAMN, WHAT BETTER REASON TO GET A CUBE?!?! I WANT A CUBE NOW! It was just rumours, nothing official. Later, it BECAME official. A big ad on the homepage of www.nintendo.com.au. The CUBE is now launching at $ 329. DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! I really, really, really want a Gamecube badly.

The usual routine after that, chat with PF,Fifi,Sharon,Mel,Rachel,Gen, Dei and Daf. Off to bed at about a little past 2 am.

**********************************************************************

Tuesday, 23rd April 2002.

Again I had to check the calender. Geezus what's wrong with me?!?!?!

Was online awhile before I went out. Stopped by the Real Estate office just to see if they had catalogues. Managed to get a list of property rentals instead. Going rate for 1 room apartments is about $ 150/week in Kew with a deposit of about $ 600 - $ 700. DT has been boasting to friends that this place isn't big enough. Have to sell and get a bigger house. Overheard DT and Marg talking about property lately, dunno for whom. I must plan for the future too. If they decide to sell this house and move and I'm still stuck working at McD's, I need to find a place nearby so that I can get to work with no problems. Especially if I need to work the 5.30 am shifts. I don't have a car - how would I get to work then? It probably is a long way off before that happens, but still, better make some preperations myself. Checking out the prices is a start.

Had to go to the post office to collect a parcel. Yes, both sets of graduation photos are with me now. The collection slip was dated 18th April. I think DT picked it up the other day and forgotten about. Some people were doing some wiring in front of the letterboxes and the sidewalk. Maybe this parcel was actually sitting in the post office for days now. Anyway, have to pass them to BY if possible when I meet him. I think I'll also pop in the FF6 PS game as well as the MGS2 t-shirt for Ryan. The t-shirt doesn't even fit me! Feel cheated by Sony Australia. Limited Edition T-shirt my ass.....it's made in China! And the wait I had to endure waiting for the game to arrive last month! Not worth the extra $ 10 I had to pay ordering online. I could have gotten it cheaper, and faster from the shops I think. Anyway, I hope the shirt fits Ryan. Everything's in a Footlocker plastic bag now. It's all good I think.

Ben from McD's hasn't called yet. Guess within the next few days. No calls from Lim either. Might not need to work this week. Who knows, I might get a call later or something. Will see how it goes.

DT and Marg should be going out later tonight to some IBO talk. Independent Business Owner talk. He asked me if I'm interested. It's like direct selling. Can make money buy introducing people to shop online. Those who are interested, just have a look at the following link: www.a2k.com.au

Don't think I'll be going. Not feeling well today. I think I drank too much water last night to wash down the damn corn chips. I promised myself that this will be the last time I'm buying junk food. Got PF to remind me not to buy junk as well. Need to learn to budget.

Anyway, the other reason that I won't be going, WWF RAW is on tonight. Hollywood Hulk Hogan the new Undisputed Champion! Triple H lost to him!

Thinking about my expenses. How am I going to feed my need for games. Maybe I shouldn't buy games when they're launched now. Wait for people to trade them in at EB, wait for sales or get them 2nd hand. No news from Tysen about the ICO. I wonder if he's pissed off. I wanted to get it from him for $ 50 but he didn't reply. I told him to sell it off if he had better offers. Maybe he has. Nothing to worry about I guess.

DAMN, Final Fantasy X comes out 31st May 2002. Same day Super Smash Bros. Melee launches. Some people in the forum are so lucky. " May is going to be a good but expensive month " or " I won't be able to decide which to play first,SSBM or FFX ". Damn you CreamyGoodness. Also damn you PrOn. Bloody idiot...acting like a smart-assed-know-it-all. " I'm a console collector. I collect every console that comes out". Goddamnit, how do these people afford them all ?!?!?!?! I'm so jealous. And I've just commited one of the 7 deadly sins. ENVY.

I'm going off. Nothing much else to talk about. More to come ......

Did I mention that I want a Black GameCube really,really,really badly?

No comments: