Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It Was A Good Night.....

It was a deal. I buy her the Molten Lava Cake, and Reena buys me the Mocha Mud Pie. I don't remember trying the Molten Lava Cake before and Reena hasn't had the Mocha Mud Pie before.

Once again, her train was delayed and she only arrived at the Kelana LRT station at about 9:40 pm. Parking wasn't much of a problem at that time of the night at The Curve. Maybe because it was a working day the next day.

We headed off to TGIF and got a table. I called Jason to see if the shop was still open. He told me they close at 10:00 pm. I guess I'll have to collect the XBOX some other time then.

Reena made a face when she had the first bite of the Mocha Mud Pie. She saw me looking, and laughed. She said she makes that face when something tastes good.

She called me a "Devil" for bringing her to places like this and accused me of wanting to make her fat. I think that's impossible. She told me she didn't want to look fat as she had to wear a swimsuit on today. It was a company trip/team building session for her.

Now I'm curious - why would she want to tell me about wearing the swimsuit. I told her to take lots of photos. She'd better show me some with her in a swimsuit!

She told me she went for hair re-bonding. As part of the conversational topic, I asked her how much did it cost her. She told me it was RM 200. I asked if its about RM 250 in KL. And she asked me how I knew. I told her half of the occupants in my house are females. And that I sometimes read the women's magazines lying about the house.

She asked me if I read CLEO. I said I might have. Then she finally told me that she was one of the runner ups for the CLEO Cover Girl competition.

Interesting, something that I never knew before. She warned me she looked ugly in it when I told her I would go home and look for it. I did manage to find it, she doesn't look ugly. To be honest, I like her current look more. If she asks me, I'll tell her that.

It was her treat this time. I promised to take her there again to try the Jack Daniel's steak/chicken. That's something to look forward to.

When the bill came, we found out that TGIF's is having a promotion. A free 3-Tower Fajita for completing a survey online. Reena told me that it was my job to get the survey done. I can assume that we'll be making another visit there pretty soon.

I dropped her back home, and she wanted to shake hands.....again. I told her no more shaking hands because it seemed too formal. I got a slap on the hand for that. Hmm.....

While keying in some details from the receipt, I discovered that we were charged for the wrong item. They actually keyed the Brownie into the cash register, which was RM 4 cheaper.

Well, paying less PLUS getting a free meal for our next visit. Wouldn't you call it a good night? And I can't complain about the company, she's cover girl material after all..... But not only that, she's good company as well. I've surprised her as well. I'm not what she thought I was. She had a good time. I'm glad. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks.

Just a couple of pictures I got in the email, the "Batcycle" from "The Dark Knight" is finally revealed! In the next movie, the Batmobile/Tumbler is supposedly destroyed. That's the thing I don't understand, its a tank! How will it get destroyed! I guess I'll have to watch the movie to find out.





The Batpod

It's called the "Batpod" - hardly what I imagined. I was thinking of something like a superbike, sleek with curves at the right places. Looking at the photos and the rumours of the Batmobile being destroyed, I can only assume that this bike is made from the leftovers/parts that weren't damaged in the blast? The wheels on the Batpod totally look like the Batmobile's wheels.

Still its, going to be an awesome movie. 18 July 2008 is such a long way off.

No comments: