Saturday, June 16, 2007

Summer Nights.....

I finally got my phone back. It's still acting up but I think it could be the damn game that I installed. Something called "Insaniquarium". Funny how I'm playing it again. It was more of a test because I've installed it before.

The phone freezes when I played the game while listening to music on it. Can't it handle the multi-tasking anymore? Or it just because its just recovered, I need to take things slow? I also haven't taken any pictures of it since I got it back. I'm still abit upset that I lost all the pictures that I took in Phuket - but I'll live.

Still, its good to have it back. It felt a little weird when I first held it. It just felt different, alien.

The event at work yesterday went pretty well, some of the people were impressed. One of the VIP guests (Center Manager) who originally declined the invitation to attend due to other meetings/appointments suddenly showed up. And its a good thing I saw her and managed to get the team to improvise their speech.

The team has worked hard. I need to get them something for their efforts. They spent so many hours coming in early and going back late to finish up the wall, while I, as the Committee Advisor just came in early and leave as scheduled. I was thinking Dunkin Donuts, but now, maybe a nice cake from Secret Recipe. A surprise for them. I'm sure they were expecting something which I didn't have the other day.

I went to Toys R Us last weekend with Vik and Jon after lunch to claim my RM 20 vouchers. I decided to look around at the new Transformers Movie Toys. They didn't have the Leader-class Optimus Prime that I was planning to get. I asked the guy at the counter and he told me it sold out on the first day. Imagine that! Well, you'd think you'd get used to something like this since I've seen this kind of craze before. Anyone remembers the Happy Meal Toys (Hello Kitty, Snoopy etc). But these are near RM 200 toys. Selling out on the first day it hits the shelves. Insane.

Just for reference, the Optimus Prime that I'm looking for, along with the movie Megatron which I borrowed from someone who posted them online.



Megatron (Jet) and Optimus Prime (Truck) along with their Revoltech versions



Megatron and Optimus Prime (in bot mode) along with their Revoltech versions

They look pretty plastic-ky for RM 200 toys, but they're starting to grow on me the more I look at them. And that includes the alien-looking Megatron. Some people are selling them online as a pair, or RM 189 each. Still, they should be restocking as the movie opening comes closer. I might still have a chance to own them, or Prime at least. Guess I can put the Toys R Us vouchers to some good use?

The summer is upon us (in some parts of the world) and the movies just keep on coming. I think the only movie I'm really looking forward to at the moment is "Transformers". A new poster I found online.



I was also reading up links to some news about movies, like the next Spider-Man movie. There are rumours of the people who will replace Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.

From the article I read, the contenders rumoured to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man:



Joseph Gordon Levitt and Jake Gyllenhaal

You might remember him from the series "3rd Rock From The Sun" as the youngest member of the "family" of aliens, who was in fact, the oldest one - if memory serves me correctly. I've never seen any of his movies he's made recently.

Jake Gyllenhaal on the other hand, used to be going out with Kirsten Dunst and almost took over the role from Tobey Maguire when he injured his back. He was famous for a few movies, but I guess the movie that got the most attention was "Brokeback Mountain" (which I haven't watched yet). But if you think about it, Heath Ledger who was also in "Brokeback Mountain, has gone on to do a SuperHero movie "The Dark Knight" and now, Jake Gyllenhaal rumoured to be in "Spider-Man 4"?



Mandy Moore

Yes, its THAT Mandy Moore - the one that used to sing songs like "I Wanna Be With You" and "Walk Me Home". After that, she was in a few movies which I didn't bother checking out. I have listened to some of her songs which I think aren't too bad (but anything goes for me, except for Classical and Heavy Metal and some of the other "heavy" music) but that's a different story.

From the picture above, I don't mind one bit. I honestly think she makes a better looking Mary Jane than Kirsten Dunst. Wouldn't you agree?

There were 2 other rumoured actresses and frankly, I don't recognize the names nor did I bother to look it up.

The 80s are coming back in a big way. There are rumours of some of my favourite cartoons being made into movies: Voltron and Thundercats!





Thundercats (comic cover)



He-Man (1980s)



He-Man (2004)



Masters Of The Universe (1987)



Brad Pitt as He-Man?????

That's right, rumours were on the Web that Brad Pitt was going to play He-Man. I just can't imagine him being He-Man/Prince Adam.

And finally, my personal Most Anticipated Movie, "The Dark Knight". The new Batsuit is finally revealed!



I like it, but I still think the original one looked better in "Batman Begins". This one looks too much like armor. Maybe this is just the initial, promotional photo?

Also found a scan from a magazine article.



In the article scan, it says that now Batman can turn his head side to side, look up and down because the new mask is made to fit like a motorcyle helmet instead of the one-piece head and neck cowl in the older movies. They made the first Batman movie in 1989. It took them almost 20 years to come up with a design so that the actor doesn't have to bend over backward just to look up!

Still, this is good news. I can't wait. And I've added a couple of new links to the side for all you other movie freaks.

We've all been guilty of getting some pretty expensive shoes, I'm sure. I know I have. But would anyone really pay US $ 2000 for a pair of Nike Sneakers? Made from real crocodile skin, with 18 K gold bits. The price really shot up. Sneakers for investment? Who would've imagined! I met a guy online who bought 4 pairs of these. Looks like he made a good investment decision.....


Nike Air Force One - Limited Edition



18K Gold



Limited Edition Dog Tag/Plaque



Croc Skin Baby.....

Todd McFarlane and co., McFarlane Toys, brought us the "Twisted Fairy Tales" series of figures. A mature, version of the children's fairy tales:



Gretel (from Hansel & Gretel) mopping up blood



Red Riding Hood - with the wolf's belly slit open, and if you look carefully, you can see grandma with the rest of the guts spilling out


Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz - now comes in 12 inch versions!

I've always wanted to get Red Riding Hood, Gretel and Dorothy. But just never got around to getting them. They're sold in sets of 6, or marked up prices as the nicer figures are always sold out first.

Now, they've got a new set coming out. Scheduled for a October 2007 release, Twisted Christmas!



Santa Claus - freaky



Mrs. Claus - looks like a stripper, pole dancing (get it?)



Santa's Little Helpers - one these guys could kick Will Farrell's ass in "Elf"



Jack Frost - supposedly personifies crisp, cold winter weather



Snowman - McFarlane version of Frosty?



Rudy Reindeer - No one will be laughing at his red nose now

Check out more pictures of Twisted Christmas as well as other figures here.

The kids will just freak out and get nightmares if they see this. They won't be leaving cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas Eve.

Me..... I just want to get Mrs. Claus. And Gretel, Red Riding Hood and Dorothy.


2 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Hahahahaaa Brad Pitt as Lion-O?? I can totally imagine him playing that character. I think itll be awesome! I am SO curious who are the other potential actors!! But then again, I guess it doesnt really matter since they will be masked with heavy duty make up.

THUNDER, THUNDER.. THUNDERCATS! Feel the magic, hear the roarrrr.. *something, something* LOL

I dont really care about Batman's fashion anymore.. or whatever costume design hes clad in. I mean gones are the days of rubber suits so hello the torso of well-defined contours.

Retro cartoons! Gimme more, gimme more!! I am very happy to read this particular entry babes. You just made my day :)

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.