Friday, June 29, 2007

Torture.....

It sounded like a scene from a horror movie. The groans of pain and agony. I felt uncomfortable waiting. It was going to be my turn.

It's been a really long time since I last went to the traditional massage place. I somehow ended up with a twisted ankle which affected my mobility. I took 2 days off work and had another 2 days MC. The tendons on my left ankle were "out of position", there was swelling around my ankle and I couldn't even turn it at certain angles.

Sleep the past few days were disturbed. A couple of times I woke up when it felt like an electric current going through my foot.

It hurt like fucking hell when the masseuse pressed and rubbed on it to force the tendon back into place. Its not something that I'd like to go through again, if I can help it.

They say "no pain, no gain". And it hurt like hell. Seems to me more than it hurt before.

Good thing is I'm almost 100% healed after that session. Even though I have an MC for today and tomorrow, my leg should be problem free so I should be able to go back to work tomorrow. It looks like they really need me at work.

There goes my perfect attendance record. What a waste as it was just another few days before mid-year ends. Oh well, nobody's perfect. Even Superman has his Kryptonite.

The Apple iPhone will be launched on 29th June 2007 in the USA while the rest of the world will get it in October 2007, if I remember the reports correctly.


I've seen the demos. I want an iPhone. It's just such a freaking cool phone! WiFi, simple to use interface via TouchScreen. It comes in 4GB and 8GB versions and its design is nice and slim.

Apple calls it a "Revolutionary Cellphone" and "the best iPod". I agree.

The only problem with it to me is the 2 Megapixel camera. As far as I can tell, there's no flash on it either. Don't know what sort of quality the pictures will be. And the price, like all other Apple products, isn't exactly cheap. The iPhone will cost about US $500 for the lower end version presumably.












More info at Apple's official site of course.

RockStar's "Grand Theft Auto IV" will be released sometime in October 2007. They've just released the pictures for the Limited Edition set which would cost about US $89.95. That's about RM 360 at least! However, the stuff included in this edition is just awesome.

  • A CD, "The Music Of Grand Theft Auto IV"
  • A booklet entitled "The Art Of Grand Theft Auto IV"
  • A duffel bag
  • A RockStar keychain
  • Safety Deposit Box packaging








What really caught my attention was the safe deposit box design of the packaging. Just awesome.

I'm planning to get the game. Should I fork out the extra dough for the freebies? Well, technically they're not freebies since its almost double the price for the normal edition. Damn you Rockstar. Damn you for tempting me.....


I guess this is an early Christmas Wish-List for me. So much stuff I want to get. Oh, why am I so easily tempted, why?

I've also been tempted to get a pair of Crocs.....



Chocolate Brown Islander - RM 209.00

Or two.....

Black Athens - RM 129.00

Tried on a pair of fakes ones in Phuket as well as the original. It really is comfortable like all the reports say. And there really is a difference between the real and the fake.

I'm still thinking whether to get the Brown Crocs or the other pair of brown Hush Puppies I've seen.


Choices, choices.....

No comments: