Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Twist - Day 3 - Shopping.....Again

We had the ABF – American Breakfast. Coupons were included. I pigged out on fried eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, lots of coffee, pineapple and orange juice

On the 3rd day, we decided to check out all the other shops that lined the streets as well as the beach. The place sort of reminds me like the suburbs when I was in Melbourne. Small shops, lots of restaurants and pubs.

It rained and we had to take shelter at one of the restaurants for the rain to stop.

I was told that I could get T-shirts for cheap in Phuket. And they were cheap, except that they didn’t fit. They really should start making bigger T-shirts. They are a tourist destination after all!

Some of them have some really interesting graphics and slogan/statements but my favourite was:

I don’t want a F*c*ing massage, taxi or suit. Thank you very much (one of my favourites)

I found this absolutely great because we were walking around most of the time, and the streets were lined with massage parlours with the girls waiting outside, Bangladeshi/Pakistani/Middle Eastern tailors with the tailors waiting outside and at every corner, people would shout out if we wanted to take a taxi.

The t-shirt is genius! Except the geniuses who came up with it didn’t think it make it in bigger sizes.

However, I ended up with nothing but got some gifts for the girls at work.

We went to Jungceylon (again!) and I was finally convinced to get the Spider-Man 3 figure by Ryan. Also got myself a multi-purpose pouch which I’ll be using for my mobile phone.

No comments: