Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Twist - Day 4 - Shopping Once Again.....

We had the ABF – American Breakfast. Coupons were included. I pigged out on fried rice, fried eggs, sausages, toast, lots of coffee, pineapple and orange juice. Yes, they didn’t serve bacon today. Just when I thought I was getting sick of the bacon. They sure love their pork. They use pork in lots of their cooking, even at Burger King.

Some last minute shopping before checkout. It was our last day in Phuket. And again, we went to Jungceylon. I got souveniers for some of the guys at work. I was planning to get them beer holders but I had no bloody idea they were so expensive. Truth be told, I was on a budget in the first place, there was no way I could afford expensive gifts.

And I finally got the pouch that I was eyeing. Not exactly the same, but it’ll do. It was a fanny pack with a bottle (whilst the one I originally wanted had 2 bottles included but also cost double the price. It was a different brand).

Some observations while I was there.

One thing I noticed was that there were no A-class vehicles (I believe Perodua Kancils and Kelisas are A-class vehicles). People either rode “kup chais” or drove cars. There was nothing in between. So what kinds of cars were there if there were no Kancil/Kelisa sized vehicles? People drove cars like Honda Jazz, Honda City, Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Honda CRV, Toyota Soluna, Toyota Soluna Vios (yes, that’s what its called in Thailand apparently), Toyota Corolla Altis, Toyota Camry etc.

Yes, everyone drove Japanese branded cars there. There were Mitsubishi Lancer taxis as well. Funny thing though, there weren’t that many luxury cars around like Mercedes Benz or even BMW.

So what does this all mean? Are Malaysians that poor that they needed to make small sized vehicles for most of the population? Or are the other Japanese-branded cars overpriced? Something to ponder about.

The movies at the hotel were also great. I don’t know if it was cable or free TV but I managed to catch some movies that I haven’t seen before while I was there. We managed a movie marathon on the last night that we were there:

  • Superman Returns (Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey)
  • The Man (Samuel L. Jackon, Eugene Levey)
  • Babel (Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, Rinko Kikuchi)
  • Music And Lyrics (Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore)

Not only were the movies new, they were uncensored too! Except for certain parts in “Babel” example where the Japanese girl (Rinko Kikuchi) flashes her pussy to the strangers. The other thing I noticed is that nudity in Babel (again Rinko Kikuchi) was blurred out. It looks kinda weird, but at least the continuity isn’t affected.

By now, you’re probably wondering what twist I’m referring to. Like all M. Night Shyamalan movies, there’s always a twist to his stories.

Notice there's no photos in any of the posts about the trip? Why? What a twist!

As I was saying, we got back today – and as I was about to copy the photos that I took on my camera phone to the PC, the phone restarted by itself and now, I can only get a white screen! Nothing else works!

My phone is officially fucked!

I will probably need to bring it back to the shop tomorrow to see what can be done. In the mean time, I might probably have lost all photos and messages that I have not backed up.

Fuck!

No comments: