Friday, June 08, 2007

Money, Money, Money.....

Money, money, money
Must be funny, in a rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny, in a rich man's world

So - I knew I was going to be in a tight spot after the trip with the flight tickets as well as the hotel bills.

What I didn't count on was:

a) Mobile Phone

My mobile phone getting stuffed up, requiring me to send it back for repairs. But its still under warranty and if it was just a software problem like the guy said, it shouldn't be that much of a problem

b) Laptop

The other laptop (the ACER, while I'm using the DELL) has been acting up. The WiFi has been giving problems but I think I managed to fix that but I have no idea how. Simple matter, no worries. No money involved - just a little bit of time and patience.

c) XBOX 360

Last night, the 360 gave problems as well. It now shows an Error Screen with a code of E 65 when I turn it on.

After searching online, found out that it was a hardware error. There is a Its still under warranty, which means I qualify to get it replaced. The problem is, the shop has got to send it back to Singapore via FEDEX. I was told that its going to cost me RM 250 for shipping and there are Customs fees to be factored in as well.

Isn't this just fucking great?!?!?!

It's just the opposite of Midas! Everything touched seems to end up "dead". Although some of them didn't require any cost in terms of money - it just fucks up my mood.

Just when I thought of putting some of my money to getting that 2 GB Sandisk M2 card I saw at the shop the other day. I guess if its money that has to be spent, its money that has to be spent. But I don't like this feeling at all. Of being broke, yet with more expenses and bills adding up. Urgh.

One of the most important events of the Phuket trip was left out in the last post.

I actually bumped in the VP of my department at the airport. And he was heading to Phuket with his wife and 2 young daughters as well. I will be the "target" of his jokes when I get back to work for sure.

Once upon a time, before I got promoted, he was the newly appointed VP for that department. He had a one-to-one talk to get to know the staff better. Then, I got news of my promotion and left. And he had a brief chat with me again, saying that it would be a loss to the department for me to go.

Then, when I started in the new department, we found out a few months later he was VP as well. He rounded up all of the management team and had a chat with us. During that chat, he jokingly said that there was no escape from him, adding that even by going to a different department, I would still have to face him.

Now, with this encounter at the airport, I wonder what else will come up during our management meetings. But all that aside, he's a nice, friendly man.

Managed to salvage some photos of the Phuket trip from the digital camera.



At the hotel - 1st Night



Jungceylon Shopping Mall - Fountain Show



Kata View Point - View from the top of the hill



Fantasea



Chang & Eng - We're known in Phuket too! And we see the world in pairs!



Golden Kinnarree Restaurant - Entrance



Golden Kinnarree Restaurant - Partial Interior





Golden Kinnarree Restaurant - Interior Deco



Golden Kinnarree Restaurant - Interior seems to stretch for miles



Palace Of The Elephant Theater - Entrance



The whitest and brightest shop at Fantasea - Blinding!!!!!









The interior is no different - plus they sell gemstone covered sculptures and such




Patong Beach



Patong Beach - Huge dog sculpture



Patong Nightlife - Blur photo, but it wasn't me



The hard to find in Malaysia - Spider-Man 3 (Black) action figure

No comments: