Saturday, June 09, 2007

Latest Miracle Drug .....

OK, so this might be old news for some, but its the first time I've heard about it. I'll probably have to check with Chinny. Since she's doing Medicine, she might have heard of it. It cures depression and other symptoms as well. Simply awesome!

The latest miracle drug in town:



Maybe they sell these in bulk? =D
You'll be seeing a lot more of these around. You can count on that.

I've been playing catch-up with "Smallville" just another 3 episodes and I'm done with Season 2. I think they're up to Season 6 in the USA now. Looks like I've spoilt it by looking at the pictures online as well as reading up on it. I saw a picture of Lex Luthor in a wheelchair, minus both legs?!?!? Is that some alternate reality or a dream sequence? I guess I'll know when I'm up-to-date.

Rosetta (Episode 17 of Season 2) introduced Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann, a billionaire Astronomer who after many years of study and research, discovered and then managed to decipher Kryptonian transmissions from outer space. He discovered a mathematical formula along with the code.

He gets in touch with Clark through a series of Kryptonian symbols, which Clark managed to read after the incident from the ancient caves, thus proving that Clark is really not of Earthly origins. With the proof that he obtained by Clark reading the messages, Dr. Swann decides to invite Clark to his office to share his discovery.

Clark as well as his Earth parents are of course, suspicious and cautious about this new person. In the end, with his parents (reluctant) blessings, Clark goes to meet Dr. Swann.

During the meeting with Clark, he claims to be an ally, only wanting to seek the truth, to find out if there's really other intelligent lifeforms out there. He promises that whatever Clark reveals about himself will stay only between the 4 walls of his office.

The scenes introducing Dr. Swann (Christopher Reeve) were accompanied by the classic John Williams score that would be familiar to Superman fans. The music was also used in "Superman Returns". I guess that was a tribute/homage to "the old Superman" coming face to face with a Superman for the new generation.

When I saw Christopher Reeve on screen, he looked so weak. So old and fragile. He looked like he was struggling to speak his lines. I then Wiki-ed some info and found out there he had to fight all sorts of illnesses and infections after his horse riding accident.



Tom Welling and Christopher Reeve

I will only remember him as Superman, nothing else.



Superman Collection - DVD Boxset Cover


Sent the 360 back to the store. The shipping (FEDEX) fees will be in the range of RM 200 - 250 I was told. Yeah, I'll just pop in a couple of the Fukitols and everything will be alright.

Stopped by Metrojaya at The Curve today. Last day of sales tomorrow. Found that pair of Hush Puppies that I wanted but I didn't get it. 10% discount - is this the right time or should I wait?

Got a call from Vik and Jon out of the blue this afternoon. Meeting up for lunch tomorrow. It's been awhile. Looks like an early night for me then.

No comments: